Carnarvon Golf Club began in 1927 when the game was played on an informal basis before being regularised at the first Annual General Meeting in August, 1928. The first President was Alderman W.R. Atkinson of Lidcombe Council and one of the Vice-Presidents was the Hon. J.T. Lang, Premier of New South Wales.

The course which measured 4277 yards with a bogey of 75, was situated on the northern side of Parramatta Road and covered the following area :

Western Boundary: Wetherill St.
Northern Boundary: Derby St.
Eastern Boundary: Haslam’s Creek and Hill Road.
Southern Boundary: Adderley St. Day St. then Parramatta Road to Hill Road.
The area covered by the course included vacant proposed factory sites, unmade roads, an agistment paddock of the State Abbatoirs and portion of Southian’s dairy. The greens were the natural grasses mowed at the weekends by the members’ own push mowers. The holes were jam tins.

The course was named after a large sign, visible from Parramatta Road, advertising factory sites for sale on Carnarvon Hill Estate. This sign is regarded as the first clubhouse as members drove nails into it on which to hang their coats and other paraphernalia.

The first real clubhouse, known as “the Shack, was erected in 1929 on the corner of Day and Derby Streets and comprised two rooms, one 10 feet by 10 feet for members and the other 8 feet by 8 feet for associates with a 9 feet by 4 feet verandah. In 1931 the old Auburn Ambulance Station was purchased, towed to the site and added to The Shack.

https://carnarvongolf.com.au/

Carnarvon Golf Club Membership Fees

1920 × 1080 — PNG 2.7 MB

已上傳至10 月 以前 — 27 瀏覽次數

Carnarvon Golf Club began in 1927 when the game was played on an informal basis before being regularised at the first Annual General Meeting in August, 1928. The first President was Alderman W.R. Atkinson of Lidcombe Council and one of the Vice-Presidents was the Hon. J.T. Lang, Premier of New South Wales.

The course which measured 4277 yards with a bogey of 75, was situated on the northern side of Parramatta Road and covered the following area :

Western Boundary: Wetherill St.
Northern Boundary: Derby St.
Eastern Boundary: Haslam’s Creek and Hill Road.
Southern Boundary: Adderley St. Day St. then Parramatta Road to Hill Road.
The area covered by the course included vacant proposed factory sites, unmade roads, an agistment paddock of the State Abbatoirs and portion of Southian’s dairy. The greens were the natural grasses mowed at the weekends by the members’ own push mowers. The holes were jam tins.

The course was named after a large sign, visible from Parramatta Road, advertising factory sites for sale on Carnarvon Hill Estate. This sign is regarded as the first clubhouse as members drove nails into it on which to hang their coats and other paraphernalia.

The first real clubhouse, known as “the Shack, was erected in 1929 on the corner of Day and Derby Streets and comprised two rooms, one 10 feet by 10 feet for members and the other 8 feet by 8 feet for associates with a 9 feet by 4 feet verandah. In 1931 the old Auburn Ambulance Station was purchased, towed to the site and added to The Shack.

https://carnarvongolf.com.au/

您也可以 從電腦內選擇
您也可以 從設備瀏覽使用相機
JPG PNG BMP GIF WEBP 最大 10 MB
在任何預覽上 點擊 自訂上傳
在任何預覽上 觸摸 自訂上傳
您也可以 從電腦內選擇
您也可以 從設備瀏覽使用相機
上傳中 0 檔案 (0% 完成)
佇列上傳中. 需要一點時間來完成
上傳完成
上傳的內容已經添加到 您已經可以使用剛剛上傳的創建新的 相簿
上傳的內容已經添加到
您必須 建立新帳號登入 才能將此內容保存到您的帳戶中。
沒有檔案已經上傳
一些錯誤發生了,系統無法處理您的請求。
    取消取消剩下的
    注意:部分檔案無法上傳。 了解更多
    檢查 錯誤報告 來了解更多訊息.