Carnarvon Golf Club began in 1927 when the game was played on an informal basis before being regularised at the first Annual General Meeting in August, 1928. The first President was Alderman W.R. Atkinson of Lidcombe Council and one of the Vice-Presidents was the Hon. J.T. Lang, Premier of New South Wales.

The course which measured 4277 yards with a bogey of 75, was situated on the northern side of Parramatta Road and covered the following area :

Western Boundary: Wetherill St.
Northern Boundary: Derby St.
Eastern Boundary: Haslam’s Creek and Hill Road.
Southern Boundary: Adderley St. Day St. then Parramatta Road to Hill Road.
The area covered by the course included vacant proposed factory sites, unmade roads, an agistment paddock of the State Abbatoirs and portion of Southian’s dairy. The greens were the natural grasses mowed at the weekends by the members’ own push mowers. The holes were jam tins.

The course was named after a large sign, visible from Parramatta Road, advertising factory sites for sale on Carnarvon Hill Estate. This sign is regarded as the first clubhouse as members drove nails into it on which to hang their coats and other paraphernalia.

The first real clubhouse, known as “the Shack, was erected in 1929 on the corner of Day and Derby Streets and comprised two rooms, one 10 feet by 10 feet for members and the other 8 feet by 8 feet for associates with a 9 feet by 4 feet verandah. In 1931 the old Auburn Ambulance Station was purchased, towed to the site and added to The Shack.

https://carnarvongolf.com.au/

Carnarvon Golf Club Membership Fees

1920 × 1080 — PNG 2.7 MB

已上传 10 月 前 — 32 次浏览

Carnarvon Golf Club began in 1927 when the game was played on an informal basis before being regularised at the first Annual General Meeting in August, 1928. The first President was Alderman W.R. Atkinson of Lidcombe Council and one of the Vice-Presidents was the Hon. J.T. Lang, Premier of New South Wales.

The course which measured 4277 yards with a bogey of 75, was situated on the northern side of Parramatta Road and covered the following area :

Western Boundary: Wetherill St.
Northern Boundary: Derby St.
Eastern Boundary: Haslam’s Creek and Hill Road.
Southern Boundary: Adderley St. Day St. then Parramatta Road to Hill Road.
The area covered by the course included vacant proposed factory sites, unmade roads, an agistment paddock of the State Abbatoirs and portion of Southian’s dairy. The greens were the natural grasses mowed at the weekends by the members’ own push mowers. The holes were jam tins.

The course was named after a large sign, visible from Parramatta Road, advertising factory sites for sale on Carnarvon Hill Estate. This sign is regarded as the first clubhouse as members drove nails into it on which to hang their coats and other paraphernalia.

The first real clubhouse, known as “the Shack, was erected in 1929 on the corner of Day and Derby Streets and comprised two rooms, one 10 feet by 10 feet for members and the other 8 feet by 8 feet for associates with a 9 feet by 4 feet verandah. In 1931 the old Auburn Ambulance Station was purchased, towed to the site and added to The Shack.

https://carnarvongolf.com.au/

在任何预览上 点击 自定义上传
在任何预览上 触摸 自定义上传
您也可以 浏览您的计算机.
上传 0 文件 (0% 完成)
队列上传中. 顷刻间便能完成.
上传完毕
图片已经添加到 . 您可以将刚刚上传的图片 创建新的 相册.
图片已经添加到 .
您必须 注册账户登录 才能将此内容保存到您的帐户中。
没有 文件被上传
发生了某些错误,系统无法处理您的请求。
    注意:部分文件无法上传。 了解更多
    检查 错误报告 更多信息.