Carnarvon Golf Club began in 1927 when the game was played on an informal basis before being regularised at the first Annual General Meeting in August, 1928. The first President was Alderman W.R. Atkinson of Lidcombe Council and one of the Vice-Presidents was the Hon. J.T. Lang, Premier of New South Wales.

The course which measured 4277 yards with a bogey of 75, was situated on the northern side of Parramatta Road and covered the following area :

Western Boundary: Wetherill St.
Northern Boundary: Derby St.
Eastern Boundary: Haslam’s Creek and Hill Road.
Southern Boundary: Adderley St. Day St. then Parramatta Road to Hill Road.
The area covered by the course included vacant proposed factory sites, unmade roads, an agistment paddock of the State Abbatoirs and portion of Southian’s dairy. The greens were the natural grasses mowed at the weekends by the members’ own push mowers. The holes were jam tins.

The course was named after a large sign, visible from Parramatta Road, advertising factory sites for sale on Carnarvon Hill Estate. This sign is regarded as the first clubhouse as members drove nails into it on which to hang their coats and other paraphernalia.

The first real clubhouse, known as “the Shack, was erected in 1929 on the corner of Day and Derby Streets and comprised two rooms, one 10 feet by 10 feet for members and the other 8 feet by 8 feet for associates with a 9 feet by 4 feet verandah. In 1931 the old Auburn Ambulance Station was purchased, towed to the site and added to The Shack.

https://carnarvongolf.com.au/

Carnarvon Golf Club Membership Fees

1920 × 1080 — PNG 2.7 MB

Vor 10 Monaten hochgeladen. — 31 Aufrufe

Carnarvon Golf Club began in 1927 when the game was played on an informal basis before being regularised at the first Annual General Meeting in August, 1928. The first President was Alderman W.R. Atkinson of Lidcombe Council and one of the Vice-Presidents was the Hon. J.T. Lang, Premier of New South Wales.

The course which measured 4277 yards with a bogey of 75, was situated on the northern side of Parramatta Road and covered the following area :

Western Boundary: Wetherill St.
Northern Boundary: Derby St.
Eastern Boundary: Haslam’s Creek and Hill Road.
Southern Boundary: Adderley St. Day St. then Parramatta Road to Hill Road.
The area covered by the course included vacant proposed factory sites, unmade roads, an agistment paddock of the State Abbatoirs and portion of Southian’s dairy. The greens were the natural grasses mowed at the weekends by the members’ own push mowers. The holes were jam tins.

The course was named after a large sign, visible from Parramatta Road, advertising factory sites for sale on Carnarvon Hill Estate. This sign is regarded as the first clubhouse as members drove nails into it on which to hang their coats and other paraphernalia.

The first real clubhouse, known as “the Shack, was erected in 1929 on the corner of Day and Derby Streets and comprised two rooms, one 10 feet by 10 feet for members and the other 8 feet by 8 feet for associates with a 9 feet by 4 feet verandah. In 1931 the old Auburn Ambulance Station was purchased, towed to the site and added to The Shack.

https://carnarvongolf.com.au/

Anpassen des Uploads durch klicken auf jede Vorschau
Anpassen des Uploads durch touching auf jede Vorschau
Sie können auch Ihren Computer durchsuchen.
Sie können auch browse from device oder use camera.
Lade 0 Dateien hoch (0% Abgeschlossen)
Die Warteschlange wird abgearbeitet, dies dauert einige Sekunden.
Hochladen abgeschlossen
Die hochgeladenen Bilder wurden zu hinzugefügt. Sie können Erstelle ein Neues Album mit dem Inhalt, der gerade hochgeladen wurde.
Die hochgeladenen Bilder wurden zu hinzugefügt.
Sie müssen Neuen Account erstellen oder Einloggen um diese Inhalte in Ihrem Konto zu speichern.
Es wurden keine Datei hochgeladen
Es sind einige Fehler aufgetreten und das System konnte Ihre Anfrage nicht bearbeiten.
    Hinweis: Einige Dateien konnten nicht hochgeladen werden. Mehr erfahren
    Überprüfen Sie den Fehlerbericht für mehr Informationen.