Carnarvon Golf Club began in 1927 when the game was played on an informal basis before being regularised at the first Annual General Meeting in August, 1928. The first President was Alderman W.R. Atkinson of Lidcombe Council and one of the Vice-Presidents was the Hon. J.T. Lang, Premier of New South Wales.

The course which measured 4277 yards with a bogey of 75, was situated on the northern side of Parramatta Road and covered the following area :

Western Boundary: Wetherill St.
Northern Boundary: Derby St.
Eastern Boundary: Haslam’s Creek and Hill Road.
Southern Boundary: Adderley St. Day St. then Parramatta Road to Hill Road.
The area covered by the course included vacant proposed factory sites, unmade roads, an agistment paddock of the State Abbatoirs and portion of Southian’s dairy. The greens were the natural grasses mowed at the weekends by the members’ own push mowers. The holes were jam tins.

The course was named after a large sign, visible from Parramatta Road, advertising factory sites for sale on Carnarvon Hill Estate. This sign is regarded as the first clubhouse as members drove nails into it on which to hang their coats and other paraphernalia.

The first real clubhouse, known as “the Shack, was erected in 1929 on the corner of Day and Derby Streets and comprised two rooms, one 10 feet by 10 feet for members and the other 8 feet by 8 feet for associates with a 9 feet by 4 feet verandah. In 1931 the old Auburn Ambulance Station was purchased, towed to the site and added to The Shack.

https://carnarvongolf.com.au/

Carnarvon Golf Club Membership Fees

1920 × 1080 — PNG 2.7 MB

Wysłano 10 miesięcy temu — 21 wyświetleń

Carnarvon Golf Club began in 1927 when the game was played on an informal basis before being regularised at the first Annual General Meeting in August, 1928. The first President was Alderman W.R. Atkinson of Lidcombe Council and one of the Vice-Presidents was the Hon. J.T. Lang, Premier of New South Wales.

The course which measured 4277 yards with a bogey of 75, was situated on the northern side of Parramatta Road and covered the following area :

Western Boundary: Wetherill St.
Northern Boundary: Derby St.
Eastern Boundary: Haslam’s Creek and Hill Road.
Southern Boundary: Adderley St. Day St. then Parramatta Road to Hill Road.
The area covered by the course included vacant proposed factory sites, unmade roads, an agistment paddock of the State Abbatoirs and portion of Southian’s dairy. The greens were the natural grasses mowed at the weekends by the members’ own push mowers. The holes were jam tins.

The course was named after a large sign, visible from Parramatta Road, advertising factory sites for sale on Carnarvon Hill Estate. This sign is regarded as the first clubhouse as members drove nails into it on which to hang their coats and other paraphernalia.

The first real clubhouse, known as “the Shack, was erected in 1929 on the corner of Day and Derby Streets and comprised two rooms, one 10 feet by 10 feet for members and the other 8 feet by 8 feet for associates with a 9 feet by 4 feet verandah. In 1931 the old Auburn Ambulance Station was purchased, towed to the site and added to The Shack.

https://carnarvongolf.com.au/

Dostosuj ustawienia zdjęcia (tytuł, tagi, opis) klikając na dowolnej miniaturze
Dostosuj ustawienia zdjęcia (tytuł, tagi, opis) touching na dowolnej miniaturze
Wysyłanie 0 pliki (0% zakończono)
Kolejka jest przesyłana, jej ukończenie powinno zająć tylko kilka sekund.
Wysyłanie zakończone
Przesłana zawartość dodana do . You can stwórz nowy album with the content just uploaded.
Przesłana zawartość dodana do .
You must utwórz konto or zaloguj to save this content into your account.
Nie plik zostały przesłane
Wystąpiły pewne błędy i system nie mógł przetworzyć żądania.
    lub anulujanuluj pozostałe
    Uwaga: niektórych plików nie można przesłać. dowiedz się więcej
    Sprawdź raport błędu, aby uzyskać więcej informacji.